국제 Medals update: Daily news from the FAI World Air Games

페이지 정보

작성자 운영자 조회 조회 : 5,450회 작성일 작성일 : 15-12-07 14:47

본문

choose
Medals galore | 7 December
USA Swoops in for Medals
FAI World Air Games Dubai 2015
“The Star-spangled Banner” played five times at the FAI World Air Games medal ceremony last night, as Team USA pilots Curt Bartholomew and Nick Batsch dominated the event.

Bartholomew was the victor in the accuracy and combined titles, and also collected the gold team medal for the USA. Batsch won the speed and freestyle events...

>Read the report

>Watch the clip

>Look at the photos

Photo: Nick Batsch (USA), Curt Bartholemew (USA) and Cornelia Mihai (UAE) © James Pagram / FAI Media Team
Hot Air Poland wins Gold 
Polish pilot Wojciech Bamberski received the coveted gold medal for the hot air airships competition at the FAI World Air Games yesterday evening. Mikhail Bakanov from Russia finished in silver position, and the bronze medal made a great birthday present for Lithuanian Rimas Kostiuskevicius. 

>Read the report: Victory for Poland

>Watch the clip

Photo: James Pagram / FAI Media Team

Bullseye Cotet Hits Gold
The winning pilots in the paragliding accuracy landing event were presented with their medals at the Palm Dropzone yesterday evening. Thailand's Nunnapat Phuchong was first up to collect her certificate for coming tenth overall, giving her first place in the women's category.

Next up on the podium was Serbian bronze medal winner Goran Djurkovic, followed by silver medallist Qiang Ma of China and winner George Cotet from Romania. "The most important thing is to concentrate and relax," Cotet said, adding that he would give his medal to his Mum.

"Whenever I compete, I do it for my mother," he said. "It's all for her, including the medal."

>Full Results

Photo: James Pagram / FAI Air Games

Champions! Aerobatics success for Italy and France
Huge cheers went up at Dubai’s Jumeirah Beach Hotel at the medals ceremony late in the evening of 5 December, as the new FAI World Air Games aerobatics champions - France's Olivier Masurel and Italian gliding ace Luca Bertossio - received their gold medals.

The two pilots grinned in delight as they showed off their cherished new jewellery to the crowd…

>Read more

Photo: Luca Bertossio (ITA), right, grins for gold © Marcus King / FAI Media Team

Royal Visit
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum visited the Palm Dropzone in Dubai to watch the World Air Games on Sunday afternoon. The unassuming ruler of Dubai toured the venue talking to spectators and competitors...

>Read more

Photo: James Pagram / FAI Media Team
Drop in And Say Hello
The FAI Media Team is posting to these channels throughout the day and all through the Games…

> www.facebook.com/airsports.fai

> www.twitter.com/airsports_fai

> Flickr (hi-rez images free to use): www.flickr.com/airsports_fai/albums

Photo: Acro paragliding over the Palm Drop Zone © Marcus King / FAI Media Team

Photo of the Day
Paramotor pilot Karen Skinner (GB) took an early bath on Saturday when she splashed down into the sea while flying a pylon task.

"I thought, 'OK, I'm going in' and that was it," she said afterwards. A safety boat fished her out quickly and she and her machine were rinsed down and dried off, no harm done.

"I'll never live it down," she laughed, as she posed happily yesterday with her new favourite toy – a rubber duck a fellow competitor had given her.

Karen was back in the air yesterday morning where she successfully completed the second round of pylon flying – 100% dry this time. Bravo Karen!

Photo: Marcus King / FAI Media Team
About the FAI
The Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI), the World Air Sports Federation, is the world governing body for air sports and for certifying world aviation and space records. The FAI was found in 1905 and is a non-governmental and non-profit-making organisation recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). FAI activities include Balloons and Airships, Power Flying, Gliding, Helicopter flight, Parachuting, Aeromodelling, Aerobatics, Hang Gliding, Microlight and Paramotor flying, Amateur-Built and Experimental Aircraft, Manpowered flying, Paragliding and all other Aeronautic and Astronautic sporting activities.
Maison du Sport International | Av. de Rhodanie 54 | 1007 Lausanne
0041 21 345 10 70 | communication@fai.org
facebook twitter instagram twitter instagram mail us