뉴스

다양한 행사와 소식들이 준비되어 있습니다.

뉴스 Women with Wings : Meet Drone Pilot GaYeon Mo

페이지 정보

작성자 운영자 조회 조회 : 5,967회 작성일 작성일 : 17-04-06 15:36

본문

사진1.jpg

Women with wings: Meet Drone Pilot GaYeon Mo

Meet 17-year-old Korean drone pilot GaYeon Mo, whose years of Taekwondo and Wushu training showed her she could take on the boys and win!

Still at high school in her home town of Ansan, Mo will be competing in the FAI FPV Racing World Cup 2017, despite having less than a year’s experience under her belt.

“I was a bit hesitant about trying drone racing at first, even though I found it very interesting,” she says.

“I have always wanted to try air sports, but I was not sure if I could do well as a girl.

“However, the speed of the sport attracted me, and I wanted to challenge myself to do something new.”

She started started flying drones last year, after being introduced to drone racing by her martial arts instructor.

“The director at the Wushu training centre where I practice martial arts helped me to start drone racing,” she says.

“Learning and practicing Taekwondo and Wushu with boys since childhood has taught me that I can compete against male competitors.

“So when I learned that there were two areas, racing and drone, I chose racing where female pilots were rare.”

Her first race was the ChunCheon Drone Race World Cup in Korea last year.

“Since then, I have taken part in many other races held in Changwon, Ansan, Osan and other cities in Korea,” Mo adds.

“I have not yet climbed onto the podium to receive any awards, but I am working hard on my training because I believe that practice makes perfect.

“And this year, I will participate in as many races as possible to get more experience in order to perform better.”

She is determined to excel in this male-dominated sport, in which she thinks women have a natural advantage.

“So far there are not many female pilots participating in drone racing events in Korea, but I think that female pilots may have the advantage over male competitors as drone racing requires you to undertake delicate manoeuvres while travelling at high speed.

“I hope to see many more female pilots getting involved in the sport in the future.”

Mo would also like to try her hand at other air sports such as model helicopter racing.

“I have just started in air sports with drone racing, but if I get an opportunity I would love to try model airplanes and helicopters as well,” she adds.

When it comes to racing drones, meanwhile, her aim is to make the record books by becoming the first female champion.

“My goal is to become the first ever female drone racing pilot to win an event,” she says.

사진2.jpg

<기사 번역>

날개를 단 소녀 : 드론 조종사 모가연을 만나다.

수년간 태권도와 우슈를 연마하고 소년들과 겨루어 승리를 쟁취한 한국의 17세 소녀 드론 조종사 모가연을 만나다.

그녀의 거주지역인 안산에서 여전히 고등학교를 다니고 있는 모가연은 1년도 채 안되는 경력을 가지고 있음에도 불구하고, 2017FAI FPV 레이싱 월드컵에 참가할 예정이다.

처음 드론레이싱을 경험하였을 때에는 조금 망설였어요, 그럼에도 저는 흥미를 가지게 되었어요.”

저는 항상 항공스포츠를 경험하기를 원했어요, 하지만 소녀인 제 자신이 잘 할 수 있을지 확신이 없었어요.”

하지만 항공스포츠의 속도의 매력에 빠졌어요. 그리고 저는 새로운 것에 스스로 도전하길 희망하였어요.”

그녀는 작년에 드론 비행을 시작하였고, 그녀의 무술 지도자로부터 드론 레이싱을 소개 받았다.

제가 무술을 연습하는 우슈 훈련 센터에 계신 지도자분이 드론 레이싱을 시작하는 것을 도와주었습니다.”

어린 시절부터 남자 아이들과 함께 태권도와 우슈를 배우고 훈련한 것이 제가 남자 아이들과 경쟁을 할 수 있음을 가르쳐주었습니다.

그래서 제가 드론과 레이싱을 배웠을 때, 저는 여자 조종사가 드문 레이싱을 선택하였습니다.”

그녀의 첫 번째 레이스는 작년 대한민국 춘천 드론 레이스 월드컵 이였습니다.

그날 이후, 저는 창원, 안산, 오산 등의 대한민국 도시에서 개최한 많은 대회에 참가하였습니다.”

저는 아직 어떠한 상도 받아본 경험이 없지만, 연습만이 완벽함을 만들어 줄 것이라 믿기에 저는 스스로 열심히 연습하는 중입니다.”

그리고 올해, 저는 실력 향상을 위해서 더 많은 경험을 쌓기 위해 최대한 많은 레이싱에 참가 할 것입니다.

그녀는 남성 중심의 이 종목에서 여성이 타고난 이점을 지니고 있다 생각한다.

지금까지 한국에서는 드론레이싱에 참가하는 여성 조종사가 많지 않습니다, 하지만 저는 드론레이싱은 고속으로 레이싱 조종을 하는데 있어 섬세한 조종을 요구하기에 여자 조종사가 남자 조종사보다 이점이 있다고 생각합니다.”

저는 미래에는 드론 레이싱 종목에 더 많은 여성 조종사가 참가하기를 희망합니다.”

모가연은 또한 모형 헬리콥터 레이싱과 같은 다른 항공 스포츠를 경험하길 원하였다.

저는 이제 막 드론 레이싱을 통해 항공스포츠에 접하기 시작하였습니다. 하지만 기회가 생긴다면, 저는 모형 항공기 및 모형 헬리콥터 또한 조종해보고 싶습니다.”

드론레이싱 부문에서 그녀의 목표는 최초의 여성 챔피언이 되어 기록을 세우는 것입니다.

저의 목표는 드론 레이싱 대회에서 최초의 여성 조종사 우승자가 되는 것입니다.”